Paramore - After Laughter // Monthly Music
So it's no secret that the month of May has pretty much been Paramore month. I've always been a huge Paramore fan, for quite the longest time and I do have to say that this album is the most different to that of any of their albums to date. While I am still a HUGE fan of their punk rock anthems I'm enjoying their new sound.
So enjoy an album run down and if you haven't had the chance to check out their album make sure you give the playlist a listen as you read along!
- Hard Times - The first single that was released. This son definitely makes you want to get up and dance but also to forget all you worries. For it will get better.
- Rose - Colored Boy - We've all gone though experiences where we thought they were amazing but once it's over and take of our rose coloured glasses we realise its not amazing as we thought.
- Told You So - I feel like this song is made for me. For I'm that person in my group of friends who is always caught saying 'I told you so' so this some may as well be my mantra.
- Forgiveness - My current give me space and time to myself because I need to look after myself first and foremost.
- Fake Happy - To me this song describes how we are often faced with having multiple personalities, whether we're a school, with our friends or at work.
- 26 - An amazingly delicate soft ballad that to me sounds it's intended to be similar to 21 by Taylor Swift - a homage to being 26
- Pool - This songs has quite an underwater etherial sound that I think encompasses the whole albums sound.
- Grudges - This songs give me huge 80s vibes and I love the little 'woos' thrown in give it a little pazaz despite the song's dark title
Caught In The Middle - A song about getting older and struggling to deal with all the changes and the responsibility that comes with the younger self that you don't want to let go of and the adult person you are growing into.
10. Idle Worship - This songs could easily pass as 2 different song as there is a great contrast between the fast chorus and slow pre-chorus.
11. No Friend - To me this resembles a spoken word poem so the addition of music only heightens the level of the intensity of the lyrics.
12. Tell Me How - Such a beautiful soft ballad. The delicate piano contrasting with the recurring line 'tell me how to feel about you know' is probably my fave track of the album!
Let me know in the comments what you think of Paramore's new sound? What's you're favourite song? Or what's been on your playlist this month?